Code of Ethics
From Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers
The Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers (AIRR) has developed a general code of ethics and a specific code of conduct which we believe should form a standard of practice among those in the spiritual community who serve clients in need. We believe that such standards are necessary to maintain the integrity of our profession and to protect the public from fake psychics and psychic scam artists.
We believe that it is important for those in need of services to understand the difference between those who are genuine, experienced, and ethical psychic readers, spirit mediums, diviners, fortune tellers, scryers, prophets, root workers, two-headed doctors, conjure practitioners, pastoral counselors, initiated priests and priestesses, and gifted shamans -- and those who are not, but only claim to be so in their advertising materials.
As professionals in our field, we are always saddened when someone has had a negative experience with a psychic reader or hoodoo root doctor, and we are both saddened and angry when we hear of cases in which people were financially scammed or fleeced by psychic con artists or spurious mediums because they trusted an advertisement for a business which promised much in the way of results, but only existed to take their money.
We believe that is possible to apply some sensible standards in order to determine for oneself who is reputable and who is not.
We hope our ethical code, our code of conduct, and our list of suggested questions to ask your psychic reader, spirit medium, spell-caster, spiritual advisor, or hoodoo rootworker will help you have a pleasant and successful experience. If you should have any problem in working with one of the hoodoo rootworkers, altar workers, spell-casters, or spiritual advisors who is an Associate of AIRR, we will provide free Ombudsman services for mediation of your complaint.
Those of us who are committed to conjure work intend to have an ongoing relationship with you, our clients, and to those whom you refer to us, and we therefore intend to give you our best service.
Code of Ethics
Those in the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers (AIRR) agree to follow this general Code of Ethics for Psychic Readers and Hoodoo Rootworkers:
- I will become aware of the laws of the county, state, province, or nation in which I am practicing. I will strive to conform to those laws in my practice as a psychic reader and conjure worker.
- I will dedicate myself to providing compassionate and competent services. Within the scope of my knowledge, training, and experience, I will serve all my clients to the best of my abilities, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or country of national origin.
- I will represent myself to the public with a standard of professionalism. I will be honest and upright in my dealings with clients and colleagues, and I will encourage and assist others to maintain this standard.
- I will respect the personal rights of my clients, colleagues, and other professionals. I will safeguard the privacy of my clients and I will not slander, misrepresent, or make comparisons in a negative manner toward my competitors, colleagues, fellow workers in AIRR, or AIRR itself.
- I will continue to study, apply, and advance my knowledge and understanding of divination, Hoodoo Rootworkers, and related fields. I will ever strive to become more proficient in my practices in order to better serve my clients.
- When a client's requirements are outside my scope of spiritual practice or area of specialization, I will notify him or her of such. If possible, I will recommend one or more AIRR practitioners with qualifications in that area of spiritual practice or specialization.
- If I believe that a client may be in need of mental health evaluation or care, medical examination or treatment, or legal advice or services, and I am not personally qualified in such fields, I will refer her or him to a qualified professional or agency. If necessary I will postpone my services until I am assured that he or she is receiving competent mental health, medical, or legal services.
- I will not misrepresent myself or my services while advertising. I will not make promises, guarantees, or claims of results that are false in order to increase interest in my advertisements.
- I will not attempt to conceal my contact methods from the public. In addition to a contact name, my advertising materials will contain at least one of the following valid contact methods: telephone number, email address, street address.
- I will not engage in identity theft, plagiarism, or copyright violations. I will not substitute the photograph or image of another person to represent myself, nor will I publish photographs or texts describing the spiritual works of another person to represent them as my own.
Code of Conduct
Those in the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers (AIRR) agree to abide by this simple Code of Conduct for Psychic Readers and Hoodoo Rootworkers:
- Ethical Psychic Readers and Hoodoo Rootworkers do not charge more than agreed upon with each client. There are no "hidden fees" or "add-ons" after a stated price is agreed upon for the psychic reading or the conjure work to be performed.
- Ethical Psychic Readers and Hoodoo Rootworkers expediently assist clients whose cases they accept. They set reasonable working hours and they do not "dodge" phone calls from clients that are received during those hours.
- Ethical Psychic Readers and Hoodoo Rootworkers do not claim that their spell-casting efforts will succeed "100%" or "in 24 hours" nor make any "guarantees." In the event that obstacles are encountered in their work, they inform their clients honestly and they set reasonable limitations on how long the work can be expected to proceed before the case is considered to be intractable.
- Ethical Psychic Readers and Hoodoo Rootworkers do not take financial or social advantage of clients with perceived psychological, medical, or legal problems. Whenever possible, they suggest appropriate and practical medical, legal, and social services to their clients that are supportive of the reading and the rootwork. They do not attempt to convince a client to renounce or refuse appropriate medical, legal, or social services.
- Ethical Psychic Readers and Hoodoo Rootworkers do not engage in any activities harmful to their clients. They do not engage in financial fraud, psychological abuse or domination, sexual seduction or molestation, personal deception, or unscrupulous magical manipulations of their clients.
- Ethical Psychic Readers and Hoodoo Rootworkers do not provide advice of a legal, financial, or medical nature. They do not supply advice which is significantly beyond their areas of actual training and competence, or for which they are not legally licensed or accredited.
- Ethical Psychic Readers and Hoodoo Rootworkers do not harass or abuse clients or other rootworkers. No matter what differences of opinion may arise, they do not engage their clients in disrespectful, aggressive, mean-spirited, unwantedly sexual, revengeful, or malevolent communications or behaviour.
- Ethical Psychic Readers and Hoodoo Rootworkers do not require that their clients be exposed to dangerous chemicals or hazardous situations. While engaged in conjure services, they do not expose clients to hazards such as liquid Mercury, nor do they urge clients to expose themselves to peril in the procurement of unusual magical objects and substances.
- Ethical Psychic Readers and Hoodoo Rootworkers do not traffic in rare and endangered species of animals or plants. They refuse client requests to procure materials on the CITES list, or items that are illegal to collect or possess.
- Ethical Psychic Readers and Hoodoo Rootworkers do not engage in animal cruelty or animal torture, as defined by the laws of their regions, states, or nations. They refuse client requests to engage in animal cruelty or animal torture.
These pages tell you all about how things work at the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers, AIRR:
- The Code of Ethics of AIRR: the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers
Public Education and Outreach
These pages contain general information for the public about dealing with psychic readers, how to get a psychic reading, and how to keep yourself safe from psychic reading scams and frauds:
Our Spiritual Mission
These pages tell you about how the AIRR site developed within the educational and spiritual outreach program of the Missionary Independent Spiritual Church movement:
- The Crystal Silence League, a free prayer network sponsored by Missionary Independent Spiritual Churches
Brought to You By ...
As a non-profit service, AIRR is supported by the following individuals, groups, sponsors, and underwriters -- and by the generous contributions of readers like you:
- Site Credits: The Researchers, Writers and Photographers of AIRR: Past and present AIRR Associates who have contributed to this site
- The AIRR Tech Team: A volunteer group that meets weekly to assist in ongoing site development and maintenance
- Hoodoo Psychics.com: Ethical psychic readers, conjure doctors, spirit mediums, root workers, and spell-casters
- The LMC Radio Network, an internet broadcast service that sponsors shows on magic, religion, spirituality, political justice, poetry, and folklore
- Donations to MISC: You can contribute to this AIRR site, the Crystal Silence League site, and the AIRR Pro Bono Fund
Forms and Documents
These pages contain the forms and documents used for communication within AIRR, and are posted here for the use of our members and in the interest of transparency to all members of the public who are searching for honest psychic reading services: