Category:Spirituality, Psychism, Mental Influence, and Dreaming
From Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers
Clients seek out hoodoo rootworkers and Spiritualist practitioners to cast spiritual spells for a number of different reasons, so under this category, conjure doctors group together many types of magical spells and spell-casting traditions undertaken on behalf of clients who are seeking to enhance their spirituality; to develop gifts of divination and prophesy, dreaming true, psychism, and mediumship; who are students of occultism; and/or who wish to use mental influence or telepathic knowledge in their spell work.
Tools and Techniques for Spirituality, Psychism, Mental Influence, and Dreaming
Magical spells to enhance spiritual and psychic gifts such as divination and prophesy are not a very commonly requested kind of spell work, except within the Spiriual Church Movement, but most rootworkers have undertaken to perform such work for themselves as they developed their own gifts and talents, and so they are often willing to share their techniques with clients who may be on their own paths to becoming readers, professional spiritual practitioners, and or Spiritual Church ministers.
Dream, psychism, and occult spells can be performed with the aid of candles, roots and herbs, oils, and curios believed to be efficacious in the development of spiritual powers or drawing beneficial spirits closer. Some of the curios used in occult, mystical, and spiritual spell work include althaea herb (used to attract good spirits); Indian Spirit Guide, Master Key, and Lucky Dream incenses (used for opening the client's ability to perform divinations, to study occult subjects, or to enter into trance states); blue candles which can be dressed with beneficial and dream-remembering roots, herbs, and oils; and talismans or custom-made mojo bangs psychic vision, which are worn on the body while studying or kept under the pillow while asleep.
- Altar Work and Prayers for Spirituality, Psychism, Mental Influence, and Dreaming
- Candle Spells, Vigil Lights, and Lamps for Spirituality, Psychism, Mental Influence, and Dreaming
- Mojo Bags, Conjure Hands, Nation Sacks, and Jack Balls for Spirituality, Psychism, Mental Influence, and Dreaming
- Doll Babies, Voodoo Dolls, and Poppets for Spirituality, Psychism, Mental Influence, and Dreaming
- Spiritual Cleansing and Bathing for Spirituality, Psychism, Mental Influence, and Dreaming
- Contained Bottle and Box Spells for Spirituality, Psychism, Mental Influence, and Dreaming
- Oils, Incense, Sachet Powders, Baths, Teas, and other Spiritual Supplies for Spirituality, Psychism, Mental Influence, and Dreaming
- Spell Casting for Spirituality, Psychism, Mental Influence, and Dreaming
- Magical Talismans, Amulets, Charms, and Enchanted Jewelry for Spirituality, Psychism, Mental Influence, and Dreaming
- Working with Spirits for Spirituality, Psychism, Mental Influence, and Dreaming
- Petitioning the Saints for Spirituality, Psychism, Mental Influence, and Dreaming
Spirituality, Psychism, and Mediumship
Spirituality is an ineffable term, difficult to define, and always open to interpretation. In the practice of hoodoo, which is a form of folk magic, spiritual spell casting, especially when such work is performed at an altar, generally refers to work that is aimed at deepening the client's connection to the world of spirit and strengthening the client's faith whether that is conceived in religious or non-religious terms.
Psychism is the development of the gift and art of being consciously psychic. Conscious psychism allows the linking of the psychic mind and the mundane conscious mind in harmony and power. While most people have occasional hunches or premonitions, the true psychic can develop the ability to see such visions to the extent that they no longer occur as happenstance, but are under the direction of the will.
Mediumship is the gift of contact with spiritual entities. Many hoodoo psychics are mediumistic, and, strange to tell, so are many rootwork clients. In fact, clients with gifts for mediumship often seek out conjure doctors in the hope that they can learn how to harness their innate talents in the same way that their psychic advisers have done. While no root doctor can make a client into a medium, many gifted mediums are willing to help their clients develop their own mediumship by the process of spiritual consultation known as magical coaching. Mediumship is a regular feature of the religious services offered in Spiritualist churches.
Conjure doctors can prescribe herbs, roots, incenses, oils, and other curios to clients who want to find spiritual insight or to develop their inherent gifts of psychism. Some spiritual workers will also undertake to teach their own favourite spiritual and psychic techniques to their clients by the process of spiritual consultation known as magical coaching.
Spiritual spells are employed when
- personal growth is sought though the enhancement of natural gifts for dreaming true, prophesy, and augury
- during attempts to gain insights into the study of occultism
- while encouraging the development of facility in the practice of mediumship, trance communication, and channelling
- for the improvement of spiritual understanding.
- to make one more open to the workings of synchronicity and mystical coincidences
In conjure practice, there are several types of spells, prayers, and practices that fall under the heading of dream work.
Root doctors who specialize in prosperity spells and gambling luck spells can prescribe herbs, roots, incenses, oils, and other curios to clients who want to dream lucky numbers or receive visions that will lead them to make better and more inspired career and financial decisions. In these cases the root doctor does not actively attempt to contact the sleeping client, but instead opens the client's mind to the reception of beneficial dreams.
Clients who are troubled by nightmares or uneasy sleep may seek help from spiritual practitioners who can prepare traditional teas and prescribe protective prayers or other remedies utilized by many to ease difficulties that mar a restful night's sleep. In these cases the spiritual worker not only prescribes for the client but may also make an effort to stay awake while the client sleeps, usually at long distance, in order to observe, if possible, the reasons for the client's nightmares or disturbing dreams. If the worker determines through direct clairvoyance or via some means of divination that the cause of the client's trouble sleeping is an enemy attack, a negative spirit, or the fact that the client's house is haunted, the worker will then proceed to assist the client in removing the problem by appropriate spell-casting means.
Another form of dream work is that in which the conjure worker stays awake and spiritually visits the client's friends, loved ones, or enemies while they are asleep, and sends them suggestive dreams to help or harm them, as the client may direct. The root doctor may invite a reluctant lover to contact the client or tell a negative and gossipy colleague of the client to back away and leave the client alone. Of course not all spiritual workers will undertake to invade people's dreams on a client's behalf, but those who will not do the work themselves are often willing to teach such dream work to their clients by the process of spiritual consultation known as magical coaching.
Dream work spells may be employed
- to communicate with others while they sleep
- to cultivate the power of dreaming true
- to cultivate the power to remember one's dreams
- to bring in spirit contact with the dead
- to enhance one's waking ability to perform scrying, card reading, and other forms of divination
- to enter into mystical awareness of higher planes or higher forms of consciousness.
Mental Influence or Telepathic Spell Work
Telepathic and mental influence spell casting requires that the spiritual worker have a natural gift for mentally contacting, perceiving, and communicating with or to the spirit of the targeted person. This style of spell casting, sometimes called astral or mental work, is a development of specific talents such as clairvoyant reading, clairaudient reading, and empathic reading. The use of mental influence is frequently taught and practiced by adherents to the New Thought Movement.
Once contact has been established with the target whom the client wishes the root doctor influence, the worker must call the spirit and communicate a request, desire, or command. This can be done while the target is awake or asleep, and in the latter case, it falls under the heading of dream work. Although many workers do prefer to make the contact while the target is sleeping, as they find it easier to insinuate their own will and thoughts into the target's unconscious mind, a powerfully gifted root doctor can send messages to the client's chosen target while they are awake, and the result may be surprisingly rapid. Mental influence or astral spellwork is a useful and effective method of working by itself, but it is often used in combination with other techniques and tools, such as burning candles and incense, or working with a doll-baby.
Mental influence spells are those that
- work on other people, awake or asleep
- operate through a form of telepathic suggestion
- may cause the target person to do or say something, such as initiating contact, expressing love, or confessing a crime.
- Hoodoo Rootwork and Conjure Spells for Love Drawing, Romance, Marriage, Fidelity, and Reconciliation
- Hoodoo Rootwork and Conjure Spells for Spirituality, Psychism, Mental Influence, and Dreaming
AIRR Readers & Rootworkers Who Perform This Work for Clients